This page contains a list of user images about Dont which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Dont news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Subscribe for new compilations every Friday! ▻ http://bit.ly/failarmy Facebook ▻ http://facebook.com/failarmyy Twitter ▻ http://twitter.com/RealFailArmy Down...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Buy the track here: http://atlr.ec/TZ8yBf Directed by Tony T. Datis.
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Jimmy Kimmel Lie Detective #1 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV show ...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
In the card game contract bridge, DONT is a conventional overcall used to interfere with an opponent's one notrump opening bid. DONT, an acronym for Disturb Opponents' Notrump, was designed by Marty A. Bergen, and is therefore also referred to as 'Bergen over Notrump'. Although the method is often criticized for being too nebulous, it remains fairly popular. The convention was first published in Bridge Today in Bergen's 7-page column in the September/October 1989 issue.
The convention 
DONT features the following calls:
- Double – shows any single suit (6 or more cards); advancer bids 2♣, after which intervenor corrects to his actual suit
- 2♣, 2♦, 2♥ – shows the bid suit and any higher-ranking suit
- 2♠ – shows spades (6 or more cards)
There is disagreement as to the use of the 2♠ bid. Some treat it as weaker than the sequence of a double followed by 2♠; others play it as showing a solid (runable) spade suit, and there are other agreements possible. Partners should make their agreement clear before using this convention.
DONT is normally applied as a defense to strong notrump opening bids, but some people have created various modifications to DONT to apply them to weaker notrump openings. The difference is that the bidder shows opening-bid values and the partner of the doubler may pass to convert the single-suited hand into a penalty double.
Against 10-13 (Mini notrump) notrump opening bids:
- Double is for penalty and shows 13+ points with any shape.
- 2♣ shows any single suit; the partner should bid 2♦, after which the intervenor corrects to his actual suit
- 2♦, 2♥, 2♠ shows the bid suit and any higher-ranked suit, with clubs as the highest-ranking suit.
There are variations in the agreed responses, and partners should establish a clear agreement.
One common system of responses is:
- Pass – Advancer is willing to play in the suit bid. Advancer will often have shortness in a higher-ranking suit or suits.
- Bid of the next cheapest suit (i.e., 1NT – 2♣ – Pass – 2♦) – Advancer asks overcaller to bid his other long suit, or pass if the bid is in that suit. Advancer will usually have at least 3-card length in all higher-ranking suits. If Advancer asks for overcaller's other suit and then rebids 2NT after ovcercaller shows it, advancer is making a strong game invitation in the second suit.
- However over a 2♥ bid (1NT – 2♥ – Pass) a bid of 2♠ is simply a preference for the other known suit, and shows much the same strength as would a raise of the heart suit. Similarly a bid of 3♠ (1NT – 2♥ – Pass – 3♠) would tend to be preemptive.
- Bid of a new suit that is not the cheapest suit (1NT – 2♣ – Pass – 2♥ or 2♠) – Natural, showing advancer's own 6-card or strong 5-card suit.
- A raise of overcaller's 2♣ or 2♦ overcall or rebid tends to be preemptive.
- A raise of overcaller's major-suit overcall or rebid is mildly invitational. 2NT shows the strong invitation.
- Others treat this as weak also, and insist that all invitational sequences go through 2NT.
- 2NT – A strong game invitation that asks overcaller to bid the other long suit at the 3-level (or 4-level, if the second suit is a major and overcaller is strong enough to accept the invitation). Advancer promises excellent support for all higher-ranking suits.
Over strong club opening bids 
- Double shows any single suit; advancer bids 2♣, after which intervenor corrects to his actual suit
- 2♣, 2♦, 2♥ shows the bid suit and any higher-ranking suit
- 2♠ – shows spades
A variation of the system, claimed to provide additional disturbance of the notrump auction, calls for the partner of the intervenor to bid his cheapest doubleton when the intervenor has shown a single-suited hand. This relies on the Law of total tricks to find adequate protection at the three level.
In this auction West has a strong hand (17+ points) and East has shown a positive response (8+ points) so they must be in the game zone. West's double of 2♥ is not clear. It might mean that he has a heart suit, but how long of a suit is it? South is known to have at most two cards in that suit. North and South meanwhile have found a minimum 9-card club fit (North with 6 and South with 3+ clubs). In an auction like this East may just have to bid 3NT and hope for the best.
See also 
Further reading 
- Disturbing Opponents' No Trump by Mike Lawrence; C & T Bridge Supplies (1995); 45 pages; ISBN 1-885691-08-4
- Discussion of DONT at Bridge Guys
- Summary of the original Bergen column
- DONT Convention Summary from Karen's Bridge Library