This page contains a list of user images about YESUNG which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse YESUNG news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Yesung at LG Optimus Super Junior Fan meeting at Chateau de Chine in Kaohsiung, Taiwan in November 2011
|Birth name||Kim Jong-woon|
24 August 1984 |
Cheonan, South Chungcheong, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, Dance, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer, Musical Actor, Radio DJ|
|Associated acts||Super Junior
|Revised Romanization||Gim Jong-un|
Kim Jong-woon (Hangul: 김종운; Hanja: 金鐘雲) was born on 24 August 1984, mononymously credited by his stage name Yesung (Hangul: 예성; Hanja: 藝聲). He is a South Korean singer, Musical Actor and radio DJ. He is best known as a member of the K-pop boy band Super Junior and its subgroups Super Junior-K.R.Y and Super Junior-H. He is one of the three main vocalists of Super Junior. His stage name 'Yesung' is translated to "art-like voice" and is derived from the phrase "예술가의 성대", meaning "vocal cords of an artist".
Yesung was born on August 24, 1984 in Seoul and later moved to Cheonan, South Chungcheong at age 10. He is the older son of two; his younger brother's name is Kim Jongjin. From a young age, Yesung expressed an interest in singing. In 1999, he joined a broadcast singing competition and won gold at the Cheonan Singing Competition. In 2001, Yesung's mother signed him up to audition for SM Entertainment's Starlight Casting System, in which he impressed the judges with his "artistic voice", and signed as trainee under SM Entertainment that same year.
2005-2007: Debut with Super Junior 
Yesung officially debut as part of 12-member project group Super Junior 05 on 6 November 2005 on SBS's music programme Popular Songs, performing their first single, "Twins (Knock Out)". Their debut album SuperJunior05 (Twins) was released a month later on 5 December 2005 and debuted at #3 on the monthly MIAK K-pop album charts.
In March 2006, SM Entertainment began to recruit new members for the next Super Junior generation. However, plans changed and the company declared a halt in forming future Super Junior generations. Following the addition of thirteenth member Kyuhyun, the group dropped the suffix "05" and became officially credited as Super Junior. The re-polished group's first CD single "U" was released on 7 June 2006, which was their most successful single until the release of "Sorry, Sorry" in March 2009. In the fall of 2007, the group released their second official album, Don't Don, which became Super Junior's best-selling album and Korea's second best-selling album of the year.
From September 2006 to September 2007, Yesung was host for radio program, M.I.R.A.C.L.E for You, where members of Super Junior often appeared as guests. However, before the radio show's first anniversary, Yesung left in order to concentrate on Super Junior's second album, Don't Don. The last air date for the radio show was 8 September 2007. In November 2006, Yesung, along with members Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, formed Super Junior's first subgroup, Super Junior-K.R.Y, a group specializing in R&B ballads.
In 2007 Yesung became a member of Super Junior-H. He debut as an actor on 26 July 2007 with the release of Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, a high school comedy starring fellow Super Junior members. He played the school's rock star who gets attacked by a mysterious force.
2008-2009: Musical theatre 
On 9 May 2008, Yesung was sent to the hospital after he injured his leg during the 70 km 24-Hour Marathon of Hope in which he and band mates Shindong, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Kangin participated. The event was in collaboration with the SBS charity program "Hope TV 24" and the money raised was donated to a Mongolian school in South Korea which was at risk of closing down. Due to the injury, Yesung was unable to complete the marathon, but appeared on stage on crutches with his fellow members. Also on 8 August, Yesung was sent to the hospital after falling from a 1.5m stage while rehearsing at the KBS music program, Music Bank. The injury aggravated old injuries from the neck and waist and was hospitalised for two days.
He sang ballad track "Love Really Hurts" for the original soundtrack of television drama Tazza, which aired from 16 September to 25 November 2008. In 2009, Yesung made his musical theatre debut in Namhansanseong (lit. South Korean Mountain Fortress), which is based on the novel of the same name by Kim Hoon, which is based on the historial incident of Byeongja Horan, at the Namhansanseong in Gyeonggi-do. But the musical focuses on the lives of common people and their spirit of survival during harsh situations. Yesung played villain "Jung Myung-soo", a servant-turned-interpreter who feels sad from being betrayed by his country, from 9 October to 4 November at the Seongnam Arts Center Opera House. On 6 November, he made a surprise appearance on KBS' Music Bank with label mates SHINee in place of Jonghyun, who was recovering from influenza, in a performance of "Ring Ding Dong".
2010: OST 
In 2010, Yesung starred in the title role of musical Hong Gil Dong, alongside band mate Sungmin who also played the historical figure Hong Gildong. It played at the Woori Financial Art Hall at the Olympic Park from 18 February to 18 April 2010. On 31 March 2010, Yesung contributed to the OST of television drama Cinderella's Sister, starring Moon Geun-young and Chun Jung-myung. The song, "It Has To Be You", is a ballad that tells the story about a man who refused to look for another girl, except for the one he loved. On 4 June, Yesung performed it for the first time, and his first solo stage, on Music Bank which reached #3 on show's K-Chart.
In July 2010, Yesung appeared with band mate Leeteuk as MC's for MBC's Love Pursuer. The show presents a Korean celebrity being showered with affection from a secret admirer, with the challenge of guessing who the admirer is. Yesung was himself the subject of admiration in episode 10. During the recording of Dream Team 2 on 21 August 2011, he fell from a platform and strained his waist again, but was reported to be a minor injury. On 4 September, he became the new MC for MUZIT, a musical talk show alongside K.Will and veteran composer Yoo Youngsuk. It showcased various musical talents from the Korean music industry.
2011: DJ and K.R.Y Concert 
On 31 January 2011, Yesung's third solo song, from the OST of SBS drama, Paradise Ranch, was released. "Waiting For You" is a ballad that tells the story of a man who is adamant on waiting until the end of the world for his lover to return to him. He performed it for the first time at the K.R.Y Concert in Seoul on 11 February.
From 28 February to 21 June 2011, Yesung temporarily replaced band mate Eunhyuk as radio DJ partnering with Leeteuk on Super Junior's Kiss the Radio, while Eunhyuk was away on promotional activities for Super Junior-M's third EP Perfection. In June, he joined KBS's Immortal Song 2 where singers render their own versions of old songs from music legends and winners are selected by voting. He lost in the first episode but won the third episode when he sang Boohwal's song "The More I Love".
His second duet with Jang Hyejin, was released on 14 July 2011 throughout Korea's digital charts. "I Am Behind You" is from the album Cooperation Part 1 . The song has a fantastic harmony and is mixed with the lyrics of secretly loving someone and wondering if that person could possibly be feeling the same way about them. On 18 July 2011, "For One Day" was released. It is from the OST SBS historical drama Warrior Baek Dong Soo . The song explores an emotional farewell from a lover. Yesung performed this live for the first time on 6 October 2011 at the K.R.Y Concert in Nanjing.
On 27 September 2011, he along with Eunhyuk and Shindong filled in for bandmate Heechul, who enlist for mandatory military service on 1 September, during the performance on Music Bank and Show! Music Core of Kim Jang-hoon latest single, "Breakups are So Like Me". Heechul is featured in the song and starred in the music video, which was completed the day before he enlisted.
2012: Comeback with Super Junior 
In June 2012, Yesung reunited with his Super Junior band mates for their sixth studio album, Sexy, Free & Single for released on 4 July. On 24 June Yesung's teaser photo was released showing him partially bare chested with a crown of branches on his head. On nearly that month, they made a new repackage album, SPY.
On 11 November 2012, Yesung and his brother Kim Jong Jin had officially opened their cafe named "Mouse Rabbit Coffee" after their franchise, "Babtols" and "Handel & Gretel". It's a quite ancient look and a little vintage.
2013-Present: debut Japanese single and military service 
In November 2012, in Japan where they held a concert, Super Junior K.R.Y announced that they would be releasing their first single 6 years after debut. The teaser for "Promise You" was released on November 21, 2012, followed by the single on 23 January 2013. It debuted at number two on the Oricon’s daily singles chart.
On 13 February 2013, Yesung's OST "Gray Paper" for SBS melodrama That Winter, The Wind Blows was released. The track was composed by label mate Kangta and where he went on to performe it on SBS's music program Inkigayo on February 17.
Yesung announced at the Seoul concert of Super Show 5 Tour that he will enlist for his mandatory military service in 2013. He is to serve as a public service worker after four weeks of basic training. He is scheduled to enlist on May 6, and thus will not takepart in the South American leg of Super Show 5 Tour.
Soundtrack and single contributions 
|2006||Hyena OST||"The Night Chicago Died"|
|"The One I Love" (한 사람만을)|
|Snow Flower||"Stop Walking By" (걸음을 멈추고)|
|2007||Billie Jean, Look at Me||"Just You"|
|Attack on the Pin-Up Boys||"Are you ready?"|
|2008||Tazza (타짜)||"Love Really Hurts" (사랑 참 아프다)|
|Namhansansung Musical||"The Trap of North Gate"|
|2010||Cinderella's Sister OST||"It Has To Be You" (너 아니면 안돼)|
|Dream Come True (Movie)||"Victory Korea"|
|The President OST||"Loving You" (너를 사랑하고)|
|Paradise Ranch (파라다이스 목장)||"Waiting For You" (널 기다리며)|
|2011||Superstar K Theme Song-Mnet||"Fly"|
|"I Am Behind You" (그대뒤에 있습니다)||"I Am Behind You"|
|Warrior Baek Dongsoo (무사 백동수)||"For One Day" (단 하루만)|
|2012||Yoon Il Sang 21st Anniversary 'I’m 21' (Part 2)||"Reminiscence" |
|I Do, I Do OST||"She Over Flowers" (꽃보다 그녀)|
|To the Beautiful You OST (Part 3)||"SKY"|
|2012||The King of Dramas OST (Part 2)||"Blind for Love" (사랑에 멀어서)|
|2013||That Winter, The Wind Blows OST (Part 1)||"Gray Paper" (먹지)|
|2007||Attack on the Pin-Up Boys||The rock star|
|2010||Super Show 3 3D||Himself|
|2012||I AM. - SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden||Himself|
Musical theatre 
|2009||South Korean Mountain Fortress||
|2010||Hong Gildong||Hong Gildong |
Variety shows 
|2007-2008||Explorers of the Human Body (인체탐험대)||SBS|
|2010-2011||Love Pursuer (러브 추격자)||MBC|
|2011||Immortal Song 2||KBS|
|Come To Play||MBC|
Radio shows 
|2006-2007||M.I.R.A.C.L.E for You|
|2011||Super Junior's Kiss the Radio|
Awards and nominations 
|2010||BGM Cyworld||Hall of Fame||"It Has To Be You"||Won|
|Cyworld Digital Music Awards||Song of the Month (April)||Won|
|25th Golden Disk Awards||Digital Bonsang||Nominated|
|2nd Melon Music Awards||Special Song OST Award||Nominated|
|2011||Cyworld Digital Music Awards||Best OST Award||Won|
|The 5th Musical Awards||Best Rookie Award||Spamalot||Nominated|
- "Super Junior Official Website".
- "2005 Super Junior's official debut" Ent.hunantv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SM Unveils 12-Membered Boy Group Named Super Junior" Arirang.co.kr. 27 October 2005. Retrieved 2011-12-25
- "Album Sales of December 2005". Recording Industry Association of Korea (in Korean). p. 1. Retrieved 2007-10-16.[dead link]
- "Super Junior adds new member, transformed into 13-person super group" Sina.com. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 2011-05-08 (Chinese)
- "SuperJunior releases third studio album" Epaper.jinghua.cn. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "Super Junior, SG Wananbe first and second place in 2007 album sales". Moneytoday (in Korean). 12 December 2007. p. 1. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- keiro.cafe24.com. Archived from the original on 26 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-04[dead link]
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia "Super Junior Hits Big Screen" Korea Times. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- "Super Junior Members Complete 24-Hour 'Marathon of Hope'". KBS. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Koh Young-aah "Musicals hope for seasonal bounce" Korea Herald. 30 March 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-30
- "2 Super Junior members cast for musical" Asiae. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-17
- Kim, Jessica (5 November 2009). "Super Junior's Yesung to make appearance for SHINee". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Hong Gil-dong to be revived in musical" Korea Herald. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-29
- Kang, Seunghoon. "SuJu's Yesung chosen for the lead role in "Spamalot"...Third musical challenge". AsiaEconomy. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Hong, Lucia "Super Junior Yesung to become radio host" 10Asia. 25 February 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30
- Kim Myung-hyun "Idol stars cast for singing contest program" 10Asia. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30
- Choe, MinJi (28 September 2011). "Super Junior Fills in For Heechul for Kim Jang Hoon Duet". enewsWorld (CJ E&M). Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Lee, Nancy (24 June 2012). "Super Junior’s Yesung is Hot and Shindong is Cold in New Teaser Images". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (22 November 2012). "Super Junior-K.R.Y. to Release First Japanese Single Promise You". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (8 March 2013). "Wind Blows features melancholy tracks by Girls’ Generation, H.O.T, Super Junior". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (25 March 2013). "Super Junior’s Yesung to Enlist in the Army". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (26 March 2013). "Yesung to begin Army service". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Lee, JiYeon (12 April 2013). "Super Junior′s Yesung to Enlist on May 6". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (13 April 2013). "Yesung’s enlistment date confirmed". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Yoon Il-sang launches digital singles". Joongang Daily. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (30 May 2012). "Super Junior’s Yesung to Sing for ‘I Do I Do’ OST". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (21 November 2012). "Super Junior Yesung Records for ‘The King of Dramas’ OST". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (16 February 2013). "Super Junior’s Yesung to Perform ‘Gray Paper’ on Inkigayo". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Documentary Shows Top K-Pop Singers Behind the Scenes". Chosun Ilbo. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Jang, Kyung-Jin (21 January 2010). "When Super Junior meets Hong Gil-dong". 10Asia. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Suk, Monica (11 September 2012). "Super Junior to guest star in Shinhwa's reality show". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 December 2012.