This page contains a list of user images about Sohail Sen which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Sohail Sen news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB13iTunes New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/XMzKq Download this ...
Music video by Rihanna performing Russian Roulette. (C) 2009 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
The Otherside Remix Music Video was filmed in various locations for about a year and a half throughout 2010-2011. It is the duo's second video collaboration ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
For you nosy people, this is the reason why Selena Gomez broke up with Justin Bieber. Get the song on iTunes: http://bit.ly/T74XEZ Andy Lange produced the mu...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Please subscribe to my channel and my vlog channel! I make new videos here every Wednesday and make vlogs during my majestical daily life. JennaMarbles Jenna...
|Born||24 June 1984|
|Genres||Pop, classical music, soft rock, retro, world music|
|Occupations||Composer, record producer, music director, singer, instrumentalist, programmer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, percussion, tabla, piano, dholak, drums, bongos|
Sohail Sen (Hindi: सोहेल सेन; Bengali: সোহেল সেন; born 24 June 1984) is an Indian film composer, musician and singer who works in Bollywood. He debuted as a film composer with the Hindi film Sirf (2008), which went majorly unnoticed. Later, he gained fame as a Hindi film composer, with his acclaimed work in What's Your Raashee? (2009).
Early life 
Sen comes from a family of musicians who have worked in the film industry and his entry into the film composing world marked the fourth generation of his family to do so. His father, Sameer Sen (of the music director duo Dilip Sen – Sameer Sen) has always been a strong influence in his life, as was his paternal grandfather Shri Shambhu Sen's singing( home town sujangarh(churu) rajasthan).
Sen started learning music at the age of six. He learnt to play the tabla as a child, and then went on to learn various musical instruments including the piano and percussion and rhythm instruments. He learnt classical music from his grandfather Shri Shambhu Sen. He began his career as a music director at the young age of thirteen when he composed the music for a telefilm titled Roshni and for which renowned singer Kavita Krishnamurthy provided playback. He then decided to assist his father for nine years to fine tune his skills as a film composer.
In 2008, Sen began his career as a film composer, with the Hindi film Sirf, however, the film was supposed to be released in 2006, but it got delayed badly and was released in 2008 and eventually the music went unnoticed. He also composed the music for The Murderer (2009), which also got delayed and the music went unnoticed.
In 2009, he got a turning point, in his career as a film composer, when director Ashutosh Gowariker approached him for his film What's Your Raashee?. Initially he wanted his all time favourite composer A. R. Rahman to compose for the film, but Rahman couldn’t do it, because he wanted to compose for Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire instead. So, he started looking for someone who is capable and can contribute all his time for composing in his film alone. Sen who was always keen to work with Ashutosh Gowariker and incidentally his father Sameer Sen knew him from before and knowing that Gowariker was looking for someone to compose for his film, Sen asked his father to fix a meeting with him. His first meeting with Gowariker was a casual one at his office, it was where he told him that he would like to make him listen to some of his compositions. Gowariker immediately agreed to visit his studio the next morning. The next day, when he went to Sen’s studio and heard some of his tunes, he really liked what he heard and after a couple of weeks later, Gowariker called up Sen and said "You are on for this project". For Sen, it was a dream come true. At first Sen was thrilled of getting the offer, but when he was told that there would be 13 songs in the movie, one song for each of the 12 zodiac signs and then one song in which the lead protagonist makes the final choice, he was taken aback, since nowadays its quite rare to hear 13 different songs in one album and that itself was a difficult task, and again, it was an equally difficult task to create 13 distinct songs, each for one particular zodiac sign and then incorporating the flavor of all these 12 songs into that final song, was the most toughest task, however he took it up as a challenge and started working on the music, which took more than one and a half years in the making.
The soundtrack of the film, was released in August 2009 and irrespective of the box office status of the film, it has been able to garner mostly positive critical responses. Bollywood Hungama quoted the album as "interestingly done" and "an experience not to be missed". BBC Music praised Sen's work and quoted him as "Sen shows he can successfully compete with the best in Bollywood". Besides composing the soundtrack and the film score, Sen even sang most of the songs in the film.
In 2010, director Ashutosh Gowariker roped him again, for his period piece film Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, based on the Chittagong Uprising of 1930. The soundtrack of which met with positive critical responses.
In 2011, he has had a major release with a top banner Yash Raj Films – Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, the music of which got appreciation from both critics and masses. The songs "Dhunki", "Isq Risk" and title track were chartbusters. Recently, he replaced Pritam as the music director for Salman Khan's next film Ek Tha Tiger, since Pritam had date problems with both Yash Raj projects Ek Tha Tiger and Dhoom 3.
As music director 
|2008||Sirf||Collaborated with Shibani Kashyap|
|2009||What's Your Raashee?||Nominated, Stardust Awards for Standout Performance by a Music Director|
|2010||Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey||Nominated, Stardust Awards for New Musical Sensation - Male
Nominated, Stardust Awards for Standout Performance by a Music Director
|2011||Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||Nominated, Filmfare Awards for Best Music Direction|
|2012||From Sydney with Love|
|2012||Ek Tha Tiger||Won Big Star Entertainment Awards for the most entertaining Music Score|
As playback singer 
|Year||Song Title||Film Title||Co-Singer|
|2008||"Tujhpe Fida"||Sirf||Tarannum Mallik|
|2009||"What's Your Raashee? - Pal Pal Dil Jisko Dhoonde"||What's Your Raashee?||Solo|
|"Bikhri Bikhri"||Marianne D'Cruz|
|"Pyaari Pyaari"||Alka Yagnik|
|"Su Chhe"||Bela Shende|
|"Salone Kya"||Tarannum Mallik|
|"What's Your Raashee? - Chehre Jo Dekhe Hain"||Solo|
|2010||"Yeh Des Hai Mera"||Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey||Solo|
|"Sapne Saloney"||Pamela Jain|
|2012||"Feeling Love in Sydney"||From Sydney with Love||Solo|
|"Pyaari Pyaari"||Brooklyn Shanti|
- Toolsee, Gianysh (2009-08-24). ""All the tunes were made fresh according to the script." – Sohail Sen". Planet Bollywood. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- Tuteja, Joginder (2009-08-19). "What's Your Raashee?: Music Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- Ojha, Ankit. "What's Your Raashee? - A Musical Extravaganza!". Planet Bollywood. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- Mulji, Priya (2009-09-16). "Sohail Sen - What's Your Raashee?: Music Review". BBC Music. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Indo-Asian news service (2009-08-24). "Sohail Sen’s music impresses in ‘What’s Your Raashee?’ (IANS Music Review)". Thaindian News. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- Toolsee, Gianysh (2010-11-30). ""I am never completely satisfied with my work" – Sohail Sen". Planet Bollywood. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- Ramsubramaniam, Nikhil (2009-09-26). "Musically Yours: Sohail Sen". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- Yount, Stacey (2011-08-14). ""I make my music from my soul and like to touch the soul of people who listen to it." – Sohail Sen". Bolly Spice. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "The Murderer (2009)". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- Indo-Asian News Service (2009-06-17). "Gowariker picks new composer over Rahman for '...Rashee?'". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "Trivia for What's Your Raashee?". IMDb. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Indo-Asian news service (2009-08-25). "Comparing me to Rahman not fair: Sohail Sen". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- Vijayakar, Rajiv (2009-09-04). "‘SIGNS’ Language". Screen India. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- Indo-Asian news service (2010-10-30). "Patriotism takes centrestage in ‘Khelein Hum...’ album (IANS Music Review)". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Verma, Sukanya (2010-10-29). "Khelein Hum... has beautiful music". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- Nahta, Komal. "Mere Brother Ki Dulhan Movie Review". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (2011-09-15). "Pritam chooses Dhoom 3 over Ek Tha Tiger". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (2010-01-16). "Nominations for Max Stardust Awards 2010". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (2011-01-22). "Nominations for Max Stardust Awards 2011". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Ali Abbas Zafar "Sohail Sen is doing music for GUNDAY. He worked on MBKD followed by ETT..", Twitter, 14 October 2012.