This page contains a list of user images about Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
http://manofsteel.com http://www.facebook.com/manofsteel In theaters June 14th. From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures comes "Man of Steel", starring Henry...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Only Girl (In The World). (C) 2010 The Island Def Jam Music Group #VEVOCertified on February 16, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/...
Please subscribe to my channel and my vlog channel! I make new videos here every Wednesday and make vlogs during my majestical daily life. JennaMarbles Jenna...
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
Screenshot of Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, one of the components of this software suite
|Original author(s)||Microsoft Corporation|
|Initial release||1 April 2008|
|Stable release||2013 / 9 April 2013|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|License||Proprietary commercial software; available through volume licensing, TechNet subscription or MSDN subscription|
Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) is a suite of utilities for Microsoft Windows customers who have subscribed to Microsoft Software Assurance program. It aims at bringing easier manageability and monitoring of enterprise desktops, emergency recovery, desktop virtualization and application virtualization.
Diagnostics and recovery 
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT), formerly Emergency Repair Disk Commander (ERD Commander), is a set of tools that helps diagnose an offline copy of Microsoft Windows. It comes on a bootable disc and is run during computer startup. It can uninstall installed hotfixes, perform crash analysis, recover deleted files and access System Restore's restore checkpoints on the offline operating system in an environment similar to Windows graphical user interface.
Microsoft DaRT is a successor of ERD Commander, which was part of the Winternals Administrator Pack from Winternals. ERD Commander later became a Microsoft property with its acquisition of Winternals on July 17, 2006.
- Registry editor: Edits Windows Registry
- Locksmith: Resets a user account's password
- Crash Analyzer: Analyzes crash dumps
- File Restore: Restores deleted files
- Disk Commander: Repairs volumes, master boot records and partitions
- Disk Wipe: Irrecoverably erases data from hard disk
- Computer Management: A group of utilities that help retrieve system information, enable, disable or manage device drivers, Windows services and software that run during computer startup, inspect the event logs of the offline system and manage partitions.
- Explorer: A file manager
- Solution Wizard: A guidance tool that helps user choose the proper repair tool
- TCP/IP Config: Displays and modifies TCP/IP configuration
- Hotfix Uninstall: Uninstalls Windows hotfixes
- System File Repair: Revives corrupted or deleted system files by copying them from the Windows installation source
- Search: Searches a disk for files
- Standalone System Sweeper: An antivirus that scans a system for malware, rootkits, and potentially unwanted software. Uses the same engine as Microsoft Security Essentials and other Microsoft antivirus products. An independent version of this product which is currently in beta stage is available to general public free of charge.
ERD Commander originally included more tools, including a web browser.
Network administration 
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
- Provides enhanced management capabilities for group policy. It integrates with the Group Policy Configuration MMC snap-in and adds change control, offline editing, and delegation capabilities. Change control tracks and manages changes to Group Policy Objects (GPOs). It presents a virtual vault which houses the GPOs. To make any changes, a GPO must be checked out of the vault and the changed version checked in. The system enforces the latest version of the GPO and archives the older version, which can be restored back if need arises. Offline editing capabilities allow GPOs to be edited without a live connection to the network and Active Directory. The changes are merged on the next connection. AGPM also adds delegation capability, where the responsibility of managing the Group Policy can be divided among different administrators. Each administrator is concerned with only a certain set of GPOs, which can then be administered independent of others. Optionally, it can be configured so that changes are reviewed by other administrators before being enforced. Advanced Group Policy Management is based on GPOVault, a product by DesktopStandard Corporation which Microsoft acquired in October 2006.
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
- A tool for managing, enforcing and monitoring BitLocker drive encryption across an entire organization from a central location. MBAM consists of administration console which can be access using a web browser, as well as an agent which must be installed on every computer in the organization, either manually or using Active Directory.
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- An application virtualization and application streaming platform that allows clients to run applications locally via on demand streaming from a centralized server. This makes sure that all clients run the application with the same configuration. App-V also allows standalone virtualized applications to run locally on the client.
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
- A desktop virtualization solution: It allows a physical Windows 7 workstation to host one or more virtual machines that run their own operating systems on a Windows Virtual PC hypervisor, with some transparent integration of the Start Menu and desktop of the virtual machine into that of the host. Microsoft advertises MED-V as a compatibility solution that allows enterprises to run legacy applications that will not run natively on Windows 7 to be hosted on a legacy platform such as Windows XP, similarly to the consumer-orientated Windows XP Mode.
- User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)
- A replacement for roaming profiles that will allow user preferences and settings to roam between different environments and types of devices.
|MDOP 2008||1 April 2008|||
|MDOP 2008 R2||15 September 2008|||
|MDOP 2009||1 April 2009|||
|MDOP 2009 R2||20 October 2009|||
|MDOP 2010||22 February 2010|||
|MDOP 2010 Refresh||1 April 2010|||
|MDOP 2011||9 March 2011|||
|MDOP 2011 R2||1 August 2011|||
|MDOP 2012||1 November 2012|||
|MDOP 2012 Refresh||31 January 2013|||
|MDOP 2013||9 April 2013|||
- Protalinski, Emil (3 April 2011). "Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2008 released". Ars Technica. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Flores, Chris (1 April 2008). "Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2008 Released". Windows Vista Team Blog. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2013 Now Available". The Official Microsoft Blog. Microsoft. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Software Assurance: Microsoft Optimized Desktop Pack (MDOP)". Microsoft Volume Licensing. Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Software Assurance Add-on Delivers Dynamic Desktop". Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- "Microsoft Acquires Winternals Software". Microsoft News Center. Microsoft Corporation. 18 July 2006. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset". Windows Enterprise. Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset" (PDF). Microsoft Corporation. 20 November 2007. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "How to recover a non-bootable Windows installation – The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset". 4sysops.com. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Introducing Microsoft Antimalware Technologies. Microsoft Corporation. 22 June 2010. p. 9. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta". Microsoft Connect. Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "ERD Commander – Free Trial from Microsoft". Geek to go!. 17 January 2009. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Getting Started With MBAM". MDOP Documentation Home. Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring Evaluation Guide" (PDF). Microsoft Corporation. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Planning for Application Operating System Compatibility". Microsoft TechNet Library. Microsoft Corporation. 10 March 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- Flores, Chris (1 April 2008). "Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2008 Released". Windows Vista Team Blog (Microsoft Corporation). The Windows Blog. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Jameel (15 September 2008). "MDOP 2008 R2 Release to Manufacturing!". The Official MDOP Blog (Microsoft Corporation). TechNet Blogs. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Oelgiesser, Ran (1 April 2009). "Announcing MDOP 2009 to include MED-V 1.0, App-V 4.5 CU1 and AIS 1.5 Updates". The Official MDOP Blog (Microsoft Corporation). TechNet Blogs. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Oelgiesser, Ran (20 October 2009). "MDOP 2009 R2 for Windows 7 is now available!". The Official MDOP Blog (Microsoft Corporation). TechNet Blogs. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Protalinski, Emil (20 October 2009). "MDOP 2009 R2 with Windows 7 support released". Ars Technica (Condé Nast Digital). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Oiaga, Marius (23 February 2010). "Windows 7 Desktop Optimization Pack 2010". Softpedia (SoftNews SRL). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Oiaga, Marius (2 April 2010). "Download Windows 7 Desktop Optimization Pack Refresh". Softpedia (SoftNews SRL). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Trupkin, Dave (9 March 2011). "App-V 4.6 SP1 and MED-V 2.0 are available as part of MDOP 2011!". The Official MDOP Blog (Microsoft Corporation). TechNet Blogs. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Smith, AJ (1 August 2011). "MDOP 2011 R2 Generally Available, Get MBAM and DaRT 7.0 Today!". The Official MDOP Blog (Microsoft Corporation). TechNet Blogs. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
Further reading 
- Miller, Wes (July 2007). The Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- Official website
- Official blog
- MDOP on Microsoft TechNet
- DaRT documentations on Microsoft Download Center