This page contains a list of user images about KANGIN which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse KANGIN news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Sometimes you promise someone forever but it doesn't work out that way. Watch Katy Perry and Diego Luna star in the sixth chapter of the "Teenage Dream" stor...
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
A couple of friends step up their hat game.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2006)|
|Birth name||Kim Young-woon|
17 January 1985 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, dance, R&B, trot|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, actor, television host, MC, radio host, model|
|Instruments||piano, guitar, bass guitar|
|Associated acts||Super Junior
|Revised Romanization||Gim Yeong-un|
Kim Young-woon (Hangul: 김영운; Hanja: 金永雲) was born on 17 January 1985, mononymously credited by his stage name Kangin. He is a South Korean singer, actor and MC. He is best known as member of the boy band Super Junior. His stage name 'Kangin' (Hangul: 강인; Hanja: 强仁) means strong benevolence, was given to him to complement his personality. In July 2010, he enlisted for mandatory military service and was discharged in April 2012.
2005: Debut with Super Junior 
Kangin officially debut as part of 12-member project group Super Junior 05 on 6 November 2005 on SBS's music programme Popular Songs, performing their first single, "Twins (Knock Out)". Their debut album SuperJunior05 (Twins) was released a month later on 5 December 2005 and debuted at #3 on the monthly MIAK K-pop album charts.
In March 2006, SM Entertainment began to recruit new members for the next Super Junior generation. However, plans changed and the company declared a halt in forming future Super Junior generations. Following the addition of thirteenth member Kyuhyun, the group dropped the suffix "05" and became officially credited as Super Junior. The re-polished group's first CD single "U" was released on 7 June 2006, which was their most successful single until the release of "Sorry, Sorry" in March 2009.
2006-2009: Television and acting 
After debut with Super Junior, Kangin became a regular on MBC variety show, Image Survival till February 2006. In 2006, Kangin also frequently acts as MC for SM artists such as DBSK and BoA fanmeeting and MC for EBS TV channel. In 2006 and 2007, he also goes on many variety show as guest and sometimes as a regular for a short time such as Love Triangle, KBS Star King, KBS Vitamin and MBC driving school with leetuk as regular. Active in television appearances and hosting, Kangin earns the highest salary in Super Junior.
Five days after Super Junior 05's debut performance, Kangin became the MC of Mnet's M!Countdown along with Leeteuk and Shindong. The trio stayed as the hosts throughout the remaining year until Kangin was replaced by Eunhyuk in mid-2006 due to his busy schedule for hosting EBS Reckless Radio and MBC's music program, Show! Music Core. Kangin left Reckless Radio in June 2007 to host MBC's Good Friend Radio with Cho Jungrin. In February 2007, he was placed in the trot-singing Super Junior-T. A year later, he became a member of Super Junior-H. In 2007, he made a guest appearance in the MBC drama Billie Jean, Look At Me. Kangin's silver-screen debut was in the Super Junior film Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, premiered on 26 July 2007. In 2008, Kangin was chosen to take the role of 'Kang Soo' in the Korean language film, Hello, Schoolgirl.
Kangin also became the television host for two of MBC's popular entertainment programs, Sunday Sunday Night Dong-An Club and Nothing is Impossible. For Mnet channel, Kangin starred in 'Band of Brothers 2008' with Heechul, Jay and Jungmo. For MTV channel, in 2008 kangin was a MC for 'Class Up'. In 2008, Kangin was one of 4 MCs for SBS 'Change' variety show. From September 9 to November 9, 2008, Kangin, along with band mate Heechul, debuted as musical actors through the musical, Xanadu. Xanadu was a 1980's musical film starring Gene Kelly and Olivia Newton-John. Xanadu has also been reproduced to a Broadway musical. Heechul and Kangin, along with Choi Sungwon, performed the same character, Sonny, according to their time slot, and auditions and casting picks will be chosen in a process through reality television.
In April 2008, Cho's hosting spot was replaced by Taeyeon. Kangin's last day of hosting the program was on April 19, 2009. From December 2008 to May 2009, Kangin and actress Lee Yoon Ji played as a low-income college couple for the popular MBC reality show We Got Married. This was the first MBC variety show kangin did as a regular after the crisis between MBC variety show producer and SM company regarding Kangin job as host in SBS Super Junior Exploration of Human Body in 2007. In 2009, Kangin with other few Super Junior members hosts television show for charity named 'Miracle'. Kangin was also cast to take the role of 'Hotae' for MBC's cable comedy drama, Romance Zero. With a total of sixteen episodes, the drama ended in late May 2009 with acceptable reviews and ratings.
2010-2011: Military service 
On 5 July 2010, Kangin enlisted for his mandatory military service at the Nonsan military camp in Chungcheongnam-do Province, for five weeks of basic training followed by 20 months of active duty with the Republic of Korea Army. He was discharged on 16 April 2012 from the 56th army division in Namyangju-si in Gyeonggi-do. He was met by fellow Super Junior members and fans from Asia and shared his thoughts saying:
|“||"This is something I’m feeling for the first time since being born, and more than feeling lighthearted and free right now, I think what’s more important is what’s ahead. I think that now is the time for myself to work so that the hurt that I have caused can have a chance to heal, The first thing I do every morning when I wake up is to look in the mirror. For 21 months, I continued to look at myself in the mirror.Not a real mirror, but I continued to evaluate myself. There were so many things to change for the better, and I realized that there were so many bad habits that I became accustomed to without even knowing it. I focused on changing those kinds of things to the best of my ability,"||”|
2012-present: Return to Super Junior 
In June, 2012, SM Entertainment announced that Kangin will rejoin Super Junior for the group's sixth album, Sexy, Free & Single which had released on July 1, 2012. This also mark the first time he has appeared with Super Junior in three years since October 2009. On 25 June his teaser photo was released showing a slim downed Kangin with a frosty look and a net-like veil over his head.
MBC conflict 
A time-slot dispute occurred between SM Entertainment and MBC when SM insisted to have Kangin stay on SBS's Explorers of the Human Body instead of MBC's Sunday Sunday Night Dong-An Club, in which Kangin was a regular host. MBC decided to temporarily ban Super Junior from appearing in any future performances on MBC. Kangin was replaced by T.O.P of Big Bang as the MC of Show! Music Core. Kangin could also no longer host MBC variety shows Nothing is Impossible and Sunday Sunday Night Dong-An Club until the conflict was resolved. MBC also demanded to receive an apology from SM Entertainment if SM artists should continue to perform on shows hosted by the channel. After Kangin left Nothing is Impossible and Sunday Sunday Night Dong-An Club, both shows cancelled due to low ratings. A week later, MBC announced that they invited Super Junior to film an exclusive MBC segment, "Giving Children a New Life" despite their previous decision to ban Super Junior. The entertainment director for MBC claimed that the ban on Super Junior was never official, but just a decision made by the programs' producers.
Assault case 
On September 16, 2009, Kangin was arrested for his involvement in a fight between two men that took place outside of a bar in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. An eye-witness reported that two men entered a room where Kangin and his friend were present and began arguing heatedly. Kangin left the bar, but the two men followed him outside and began displaying acts of violence. Another witness reported that Kangin tried to stop the fight. A nearby surveillance camera caught the brawl, and it was immediately reported to the police. Kangin was brought into interrogation to aid investigation along with four other suspects. One of the suspects insisted that Kangin assaulted him, but it was later proven that Kangin only reacted for self-defense.
Kangin was dropped from being the main model of Andre Kim's fashion show as a result. After Kangin's appearance in Super Junior's Super Show 2 concert in Hong Kong, all of Kangin's future schedules became temporarily postponed.
DUI hit-and-run 
On October 16, 2009 around 3am, Kangin collided into a parked taxi that held no one inside, and left the scene of the accident. Five hours later, Kangin turned himself in to the police. He was recorded to have a blood alcohol content of 0.082% when he arrived at the station. It was recorded as being a hit-and-run despite Kangin turning himself in later. Then he failed to show up at the Seoul Gangnam Police Station at 2pm on the same day for further investigation and had to be called in the following day.
SM Entertainment and Kangin released an official public apology shortly after. All of Kangin's activities were canceled by SM Entertainment until the end of the year due to Kangin's actions. A month later Kangin made an appearance in a new clothing company, SPAO's website. Netizens were enraged due to SM Entertainment's declaration of the suspension of Kangin's activities. It was later found out that the photos were taken prior to Kangin's DUI accident. On 13 January 2010, Kangin was summarily indicted for drunk driving hit-and-run and fined ₩8 million by the Seoul Central District Court.
|2007||Attack on the Pin-Up Boys||Judo Society captain|
|Alvin and the Chipmunks||Alvin|
|2008||Hello, Schoolgirl||Kang Sook|
Television series 
|2002||A Man and a Woman||–||SBS|
|2007||Billie Jean, Look At Me||Friend||MBC|
|2008, 2009||We Got Married (Season 1)||Himself||MBC|
|2009||Romance Zero||Na Ho-tae||MBC|
Music videos appearance 
Hosting programs 
|2006-2007||Sunday Dong-an Club||MBC|
|2006-2007||Nothing is Impossible||MBC|
|2008||Unbelievable Outing||Season 3ComedyTV|
|2007||Show! Music Core||MBC|
|2008||Idol Show Season 1||MBC|
Radio DJ 
|2006-2007||Reckless Radio (천방지축 라디오)|
|2007-2009||Good Friend Radio (친한친구 라디오)|
Awards and nominations 
|2007||Summer Break Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Best Bad Boy||Won|
|2008||MBC Entertainment Awards||Best DJ||Won|
- "Super Junior Official Website".
- "슈주 강인, 7월5일 현역 전격 입대" Star News. 18 June 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-21 (Korean)
- "2005 Super Junior's official debut" Ent.hunantv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SM Unveils 12-Membered Boy Group Named Super Junior" Arirang.co.kr. 27 October 2005. Retrieved 2011-12-25
- "Album Sales of December 2005". Recording Industry Association of Korea (in Korean). p. 1. Retrieved 2007-10-16.[dead link]
- "Super Junior adds new member, transformed into 13-person super group" Sina.com. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 2011-05-08 (Chinese)
- "SuperJunior releases third studio album" Epaper.jinghua.cn. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SJ神童自曝组合成员收入 强仁最高自愧不如" Sina.com. 16 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-03 (Chinese)
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia "Super Junior Hits Big Screen" Korea Times. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- "Chae Jung An, Kangin Roles Confirmed" Hankooki.com. 18 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-18 (Korean)
- Lee Hyunwoo (2008-05-12). "SuJu Kim Heechul-Kangin preparing to transform into musical actors in "Xanadu"". Newsen (in Korean). p. 1. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "태연, ‘친친’ 단독DJ 확정…강인은 12일 전격하차" Newsen. 7 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-07 (Korean)
- "Kang-in enters military, bidding farewell to bandmates and fans" Asiae. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-21
- Kim, JiYeon "Super Junior’s Kangin Released from Army" CJ E&M enewsWorld. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-16
- "Super Junior’s Kangin discharged from Korean military". The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "슈퍼주니어 강인 “나쁜 버릇 고치는데 최대한 주력했다" [Super Junior’s Kangin shares some thoughts after being discharged from the military] (in Korean). Nate News. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (21 June 2012). "Super Junior To Drop 6th Album on July 1; Reveals Eunhyuk Teaser Photo". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Sunwoo, Carla (20 June 2012). "Kangin to make comeback in July". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (25 June 2012). "Super Junior’s Kangin and Sungmin’s Comeback Teaser Images Revealed". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "슈주, MBC 예능 퇴출! MBC vs SM 또 감정싸움(?)" Empas News. 19 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-19 (Korean)
- "일밤 측 강인 하차는 상도의 차원...확대해석 경계" Joy News. 19 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-19 (Korean)
- MBC "강인의 행동 상도의 어긋나지만.." Hankooki. 28 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-28 (Korean)
- "Kangin involved in assault". Edaily SPN (in Korean). 2009-09-16. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Super Junior Kangin's assault case update". Y-Star (in Korean). 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2009-09-18.[dead link]
- "CCTV recorded Kangin's assault case". Newsen (in Korean). 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- "Kangin pleads innocence in assault". Max Movie (in Korean). 2009-09-16. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "CCTV results of Kangin's assault case revealed". Mydaily (in Korean). 2009-09-21. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- "Andre Kim drops Kangin from fashion show". Newsen (in Korean). 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- "Kangin to make an appearance in Super Junior's tour in Hong Kong". Asia E (in Korean). 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- "Kang-in turns himself in after drunk driving hit-and-run" Asiae. 16 september 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-17
- "Kangin fails to turn up for police investigation". Asiae. 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "Kangin to return for SPAO?". allkpop. 2009-11-25. Retrieved 2011-02-05.[unreliable source]
- So-yoen, Park (13 January 2010). "Kang-in fined 8 million won for drunk driving incident". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.