This page contains a list of user images about Carl Zimmer which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Carl Zimmer news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Carl Zimmer Images
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
Carl Zimmer (born 1966) is a popular science writer and blogger, especially regarding the study of evolution and parasites. He has written several books and contributes science essays to publications such as The New York Times and Discover. He is a Fellow at Yale University's Morse College.
Besides his popular science writing, Zimmer also gives frequent lectures, and has appeared on many radio shows, including National Public Radio's Radiolab, Fresh Air and This American Life. He has won many awards, including the 2007 National Academies Communication Award, a prize for science communication from the United States National Academy of Sciences, for his wide-ranging coverage of biology and evolution in newspapers, magazines and his blog, "The Loom". In 2009 and 2010 he was host of the periodic audio podcast Meet the Scientist of the American Society for Microbiology (replacing Merry Buckley).
- American Association for the Advancement of Science's 2004 Science Journalism Award
- American Association for the Advancement of Science's 2009 and 2012 Kavli Science Journalism Award
- The Pan American Health Organization's Award for Excellence in International Health Reporting
- American Institute Biological Science's Media Award
- Everett Clark Award for Science Writing
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship
- United States National Academy of Sciences Communication Award
- Mr. Carl Zimmer is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.
- At the Water's Edge (1999) ISBN 0-684-85623-9
- Parasite Rex: Inside the Bizarre World of Nature's Most Dangerous Creatures (2001) ISBN 0-7432-0011-X
- Evolution: The Triumph of an Idea (2001) ISBN 0-06-019906-7
- Soul Made Flesh (2004) ISBN 0-7432-3038-8
- Smithsonian Intimate Guide to Human Origins (2005) ISBN 0-06-082961-3
- Microcosm: E. coli and the New Science of Life (2008) ISBN 0-375-42430-X
- The Tangled Bank: An Introduction to Evolution (2009) ISBN 0-9815194-7-4
- Brain Cuttings (2010) ASIN: B0045U9UFM (electronic book)
- A Planet of Viruses (2011) ISBN 0-226-98335-8 See color images of viruses from the book.
- Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed (2011) ISBN 978-1-4027-8360-9
- Evolution: Making Sense of Life (2012), co-authored with Douglas Emlen. ISBN 1-936-22117-9
- O'Leary, Maureen (2007-10-01). "National Academies press release". United States National Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 2007-11-01.
- Josh Romero (February 2007). "Backgrounder: John Rennie and Carl Zimmer". Bullpen (NYU Department of Journalism). Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Congratulations to Carl Zimmer
- USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty.
- CarlZimmer.com The official homepage of Carl Zimmer. Includes a biography, an article archive of essays, events, and detailed descriptions of his books, including excerpts and illustrations
- Phenomena: The Loom Carl Zimmer's blog at National Geographic
- List of video conversations and debates with Zimmer and various people on Bloggingheads.tv
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|