This page contains a list of user images about Beautiful Girls (film) which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Beautiful Girls (film) news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB13iTunes New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/XMzKq Download this ...
The adorable 4-year-old crooner was back to put the moves on our host, and to make everybody in the audience melt. This kid is too adorable!
Download on iTunes: http://goo.gl/gcVR7 THREE T-Shirt designs!: http://goo.gl/jr4sY So many things to throw on the ground! Featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elijah...
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
Music video by Rihanna performing We Ride. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
|Directed by||Ted Demme|
|Produced by||Cary Woods|
|Written by||Scott Rosenberg|
|Music by||David A. Stewart|
|Editing by||Jeffrey Wolf|
|Distributed by||Miramax Films|
|Release date(s)||February 9, 1996|
|Running time||112 minutes|
|Box office||$20,837,000 (USA)|
Beautiful Girls is a 1996 American film directed by Ted Demme and starring Matt Dillon, Lauren Holly, Timothy Hutton, Rosie O'Donnell, Martha Plimpton, Natalie Portman, Michael Rapaport, Mira Sorvino, and Uma Thurman.
Willie Conway goes home for his high school class reunion. He is at a crossroads in his life. He can not decide if he should marry his girlfriend. He can not decide if he should quit his music and take a job as a salesman. Over the course of the film, he spends time with his old friends who are all at similar crossroads. By the end they all discover what it is that they want.
The men 
- Willie Conway (played by Timothy Hutton): The only one of the group to move away to New York City, working as a semi-successful pianist. Generally the good guy in the group, his home life is somewhat fractured. His mother is deceased and his father is emotionally withdrawn. He also has a juvenile younger brother, Bobby (David Arquette).
- Tommy "Birdman" Rowland (played by Matt Dillon): Head snow plower and former high school hockey star. Tommy seems to be ashamed that he never rose to his full potential in life. Known as the tough one of his group. Tommy seems not to have let go of his youth, and is still having an affair with Darian Smalls, an old high school flame. This puts a considerable strain on his relationship with his current girlfriend, Sharon.
- Michael "Mo" Morris (played by Noah Emmerich): A factory manager by profession. Unlike his friends, humble Mo has happily settled down with a family, but still does have a temper when provoked. Admires Willie greatly for how far he has traveled in his life.
- Kev (played by Max Perlich): Snow plower and Tommy's co-worker. Kev is cast as kind of a pathetic little guy. He's not quite a dork or a geek but definitely would not be considered popular. However he is likely the most loyal of friends despite being a bit on the outer fringe of the circle. The wisecracking Kev has to reluctantly look the other way when Darian enters the picture, well aware of Tommy's relationship with her of which he does not approve.
- Paul Kirkwood (played by Michael Rapaport): Snow plower who is obsessed with centerfold models. Paul can not let go of his old relationship with a waitress (Martha Plimpton) after she delivered an ultimatum to him. A crass guy who can not resist tormenting his ex-girlfriend by plowing snow into her garage door.
- Stanley "Stinky" Womack (played by Pruitt Taylor Vince): The hardworking and humble proprietor/bartender of a local bar that he recently purchased and renovated. A generally good guy who knows the limits of right and wrong.
The women 
- Tracy Stover (played by Annabeth Gish): Willie's long term girlfriend, a beautiful attorney who might be Willie's future spouse.
- Darian Smalls (played by Lauren Holly): Tommy's old love interest from high school, unhappily married with one daughter. Darian can not resist Tommy, which upsets both parties.
- Gina Barrisano (played by Rosie O'Donnell): Friend and hair stylist of the women. A fast-talker who spouts pearls of wisdom in a heavy New Yorker's accent.
- Jan (played by Martha Plimpton): Paul's on-again-off-again vegetarian girlfriend, now dating a meatcutter which irritates Paul to no end.
- Marty (played by Natalie Portman): Conway family's neighbor, who is more forward in her approach to Willie. Describes her thirteen-year-old self as "an old soul".
- Sharon Cassidy (played by Mira Sorvino): Tommy's current girlfriend, who tries her best to make Tommy happy.
- Andera (played by Uma Thurman): Stinky's cousin from Chicago. Very attractive and fairly wise, aids Paul in making his ex jealous. A girl from the big city who is able to appreciate the pace of a small town. She is everything that a guy from Knight's Ridge would want in a woman. Ultimately she helps Willie find a little more direction in life.
- Sarah Morris (played by Anne Bobby): Mo's wife and high school sweetheart, mother of two less than handsome children. She seems to lack self-confidence and is a bit passive aggressive. She does not seem to have strong opinions of her own and is kind of the third wheel of her group.
Minor characters 
- Dick Conway (played by Richard Bright): Willie's father
- Bobby Conway (played by David Arquette): Willie's brother
- Steve Rossmore (played by Sam Robards): Darian's husband
- Frank Womack (played by John Carroll Lynch)
- The band The Afghan Whigs has a cameo in the movie. Greg Dulli, the band's lead singer, was close friends with Ted Demme.
Screenwriter Scott Rosenberg was living in Boston, waiting to see if Disney would use his script for Con Air. He said in an interview, "It was the worst winter ever in this small hometown. Snow plows were coming by, and I was just tired of writing these movies with people getting shot and killed. So I said, 'There is more action going on in my hometown with my friends dealing with the fact that they can not deal with turning 30 or with commitment'—all that became Beautiful Girls". Originally, James L. Brooks was interested in directing the film according to actress Leslie Mann who auditioned for a role but was not cast.
Ted Demme had the entire cast come to Minneapolis and live together for two to three weeks so that they could bond. He also made sure that the setting is a character unto itself. He "wanted to make it look like it's Anytown USA, primarily East Coast. And I also wanted it to feel like a real working class town". To this end, Demme drew inspiration from Michael Cimino's The Deer Hunter (1978). "The first third of the film is really an amazing buddy movie with those five actors. You could tell they were best friends, but they all had stuff amongst them that was personal to each one of them". He screened the movie for the cast and crew.
Scott Rosenberg also writes for the show October Road. The show is loosely based on what happened after Beautiful Girls came out and how his friends reacted to a movie about their lives. Both Beautiful Girls and October Road take place in the fictional Massachusetts town of Knights Ridge, and have similar characters, jobs, plot lines.
|Beautiful Girls (Music from the Motion Picture)|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||January 30, 1996|
Track listing 
- Roland Gift—"That's How Strong My Love Is" 6:18
- Afghan Whigs—"Be for Real" 4:16
- Howlin' Maggie—"Easy to Be Stupid" 4:51
- Billy Paul—"Me and Mrs. Jones" 4:48
- Satchel—"Suffering" 4:49
- Chris Isaak—"Graduation Day" 3:10
- Pete Droge & the Sinners—"Beautiful Girl" 4:34
- Ween—"I'll Miss You" 2:56
- Afghan Whigs—"Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe" 5:21
- The Spinners—"Could It Be I'm Falling in Love" 4:31
- Kiss—"Beth" 2:46
- King Floyd—"Groove Me" 3:01
- The Diamonds—"The Stroll" 2:31
- Neil Diamond—"Sweet Caroline" 3:24
Additional tracks (not included on soundtrack) 
- Greg Kihn Band—"The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)"
- Split Enz—"I Got You"
- A Flock Of Seagulls—"I Ran (So Far Away)"
- Billy Preston—"Will It Go Round in Circles"
- Jethro Tull—"Locomotive Breath"
- Bernie Wyte and his Orchestra—"Never on Sunday"
- Lou Reed—"Walk on the Wild Side"
- Rolling Stones—"Fool to Cry"
- Morphine—"Honey White"
The film received fairly positive reviews and currently has a 78% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Roger Ebert, of the Chicago Sun-Times, wrote, "What's nicest about the film is the way it treasures the good feelings people can have for one another". In the Washington Post, Desson Howe praised Natalie Portman's performance: "As a self-described 'old soul' who connects spiritually with Hutton (they're both existential searchers), she's the movie's most poignant and witty presence". However, Jack Mathews, in the Los Angeles Times, wrote that the film was "about as much fun as a neighborhood bar on a Tuesday night. Its crisis: not much happening". In her New York Times review Janet Maslin wrote, Natalie Portman got film's "archest dialogue", and called her "a budding knockout, and scene-stealingly good even in an overly showy role.".
- Alexander, Peter. "Scott Rosenberg: Off to a Beautiful Start". The Best Video Guide.
- Ryan, Kyle (September 28, 2007). "Random Roles: Leslie Mann". The Onion A.V. Club. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- Griffin, Dominic (1996). "An Interview With Ted Demme, Director of Beautiful Girls". Film Threat.
- "Beautiful Girls". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- Ebert, Roger (February 9, 1996). "Beautiful Girls". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- Howe, Desson (February 9, 1996). "Beautiful Girls". Washington Post. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- Mathews, Jack (February 9, 1996). "Beautiful Girls". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-02-13.[dead link]
- Movie Review New York Times, February 9, 1996.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Beautiful Girls (film)|
- Official website
- Beautiful Girls at the Internet Movie Database
- Beautiful Girls at AllRovi
- Beautiful Girls at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Unofficial Beautiful Girls Movie Fan Page
- Screenwriter SCOTT ROSENBERG Interview