This page contains a list of user images about Adorn which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Adorn news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Win Free Tickets + VIP Meet & Greets: http://smarturl.it/BATour iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BAiTunes Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BoyceCCV2bSpotify - - - - - -...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
I'm just a guy from Sweden who likes to laugh and make other people laugh. Sharing gaming moments on YouTube with my bros! Why not join us? :D Become a bro t...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
From the album Nothing But The Beat Ultimate - Download on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/NBTBiTunes?IQid=vevo Featuring Sia, Ne-Yo, Akon, Nicki Minaj, Flo ...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
|Single by Miguel|
|from the album Kaleidoscope Dream|
|Released||August 7, 2012|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Recorded||2011; Los Angeles|
|Genre||R&B, electro soul|
|Miguel singles chronology|
"Adorn" is a song by American singer Miguel, written and recorded as the first single from his second studio album Kaleidoscope Dream (2012). It was entirely written and produced by Miguel, who was inspired by a series of dreams he experienced prior to writing the song.
"Adorn" was released to iTunes on August 7, 2012. It peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, becoming Miguel's most successful single to date, as well as his third number 1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart. It also currently holds the record for longest stay atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart and is the only song in the chart's history to spend 20 or more weeks at number-one. The song earned three nominations for Song of the Year, Best R&B Song and Best R&B Performance at the 55th Grammy Awards, winning his first in the category of Best R&B Song.
"Adorn" features on-beat sub-bass sounds, falsetto howls, irregular vocal echoes, obscured synths, and minimal keyboard arrangements. Its lyrics comprise brazen declarations of affection, including promises of adoration to a female subject, and are complemented by Miguel's vocal runs and ululation during the song's coda. Writers liken "Adorn" to Marvin Gaye's 1982 ballad "Sexual Healing".
Miguel was inspired to write the song by his girlfriend, model and artist Nazanin Mandi, and said in an interview for People magazine: "I had been on a long trip and was anxious to see her. That's where the song began, with that emotion while I was on the plane. I don't remember how I got from 'These lips can't wait to taste your skin' to the end of the song, but when I listened to it, I thought, 'This is special.'"
The song originally appeared on the Miguel mixtape Art Dealer Chic, Vol. 1, released on February 27, 2012. It was then included on a promotional extended play titled Kaleidoscope Dream: The Water Preview on July 31, 2012, one of two extended plays commissioned by Miguel to act as promotion for Kaleidoscope Dream.
"Adorn" was solicited to rhythmic contemporary radio stations in the United States on August 7, 2012. A remix of "Adorn", featuring vocals from American rapper Wiz Khalifa, was released to digital retailers in the United States on September 18, 2012.
Erin Thompson of Seattle Weekly commented that Miguel "made a particularly nice choice of metaphor in the song's chorus—'Let my love adorn you.' When a woman hears the word 'adorn,' she probably thinks of diamonds and Dior; Miguel's rich vocals convey the same sense of luxury. That's a man who knows how to treat a woman." SoulBounce.com called it an "electro soul slice of niceness". MSN Music's Robert Christgau cited the song's "throbbing, garbled hook" as "one of 2012's signature pop moments". Brian McManus of The Village Voice called "Adorn" "the perfect amuse-bouche for the album it kicks off, priming the ears, opening them."
- Digital download – Remix featuring Wiz Khalifa (United States)
- "Adorn" (Remix) (featuring Wiz Khalifa) – 3:47
Radio and release history
|United States||August 7, 2012||Rhythmic contemporary radio||RCA Records|
- Cooper, Duncan (November 16, 2012). "Miguel: Second Wind". The Fader (New York) (83). Archived from the original on November 17, 2012. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "Adorn - Miguel". Allmusic. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Butta (July 31, 2012). "Miguel Wants To 'Adorn' You With New Music". 'SoulBounce. SoulBounce. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Video: Miguel – 'Adorn'". Rap-Up. Devin Lazerine. February 3, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Tuesday Tunes: “Adorn” – Miguel". Kenton Magazine. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- Larson, Jeremy D. (October 5, 2012). "Album Review: Miguel – Kaleidoscope Dream". Consequence of Sound. Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 20, 2012.
- Kellman, Andy. "Kaleidoscope Dream – Miguel". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- Johnston, Maura (October 1, 2012). "Miguel, 'Kaleidoscope Dream' (Bystorm/RCA)". Spin (New York). Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- McCarthy, Sean (October 19, 2012). "Miguel: Kaleidoscope Dream". PopMatters. Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 20, 2012.
- Tannenbaum, Rob (October 5, 2012). "Kaleidoscope Dream". Rolling Stone (New York). Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "Miguel Talks About Kaleidoscope Dream's Sex-Driven Moments". ABC News Radio. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- White, Caitlin (July 31, 2012). "Miguel 'Adorn' Video: Singer Shares Dreamy, Kaleidoscopic Vision". The Boombox. AOL. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report, Inc. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Adorn (Remix) [feat. Wiz Khalifa] – Single by Miguel". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved September 27, 2012.. An extended remix of the song also features Reek Da Villian, Wiz Khalifa, Derez, Busta Rhymes & Grafh. Mase also has a remix to the single.
- Thompson, Erin (October 11, 2012). "Miguel's "Adorn" Conveys Chivalry, Luxury, and Sex". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- Christgau, Robert (December 28, 2012). "Miguel". MSN Music. Microsoft. Archived from the original on December 28, 2012. Retrieved December 28, 2012.
- McManus, Brian (January 16, 2013). "Pazz & Jop: Miguel Is Living The Dream". The Village Voice (New York). Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Singles — All Votes". The Village Voice. Village Voice Media. Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- "Miguel [US] - Adorn" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Archived from the original on January 18, 2013. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Miguel Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Miguel. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Zywietz, Tobias (October 6, 2012). "Chart Log UK: New Entries Update – 6.10.2012 (wk39)". Zobbel.de. Tobias Zywietz. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- "Miguel Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Miguel. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Miguel Album & Song Chart History" Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Miguel. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Best of 2012 - Hot 100 Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Best of 2012 - R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-17.